Christopher Lentz | May 20, 2014 12:45 PM
The mobile application market has been booming for years with hundreds of thousands of apps available between the different OS vendors. However, many of these applications, especially in the Google Play Store, leave little to be desired in the busines world. So what are the best apps for the business tech hound? Follow along and find out what you need to keep your business running smoothly from the touch of your smart phone.
5. Uber/Lyft - The personal cabbie is one of the most brilliant ideas I have seen in over a decade. Cab rates have soared and the cabs are usually disgusting and run down. To top all of it off cabbies are insane drivers, they think that because they don't own the car that they can treat it like the Sentinel from Grand Theft Auto V. Lyft and Uber drivers typically are the owners of the cars, which sometimes can be a Mercedes or other luxury vehicle. Let's face it, who doesn't like arriving in style?!
4. LinkedIn - Marketing and staying in front of your customers is key to thriving in this social media economy. Keeping LinkedIn at your fingertips will ensure that you can keep them updated on the latest product news, key events and more.
3. Telegram - Sometimes you need to have a secure text message conversation with your associates. Now you can with Telegram's secure chat feature. Keep those private talks private.
2. Evernote - By far one of the best note keeping app on the market. Organization by Notebooks so you can keep all your Notes sorted just how you like them. If you only get one app from this list, this is the one seriously!
1. Dropbox/One Drive - File storage applications are a life saver when you arrive to a meeting and don't have the documents you need. Open the app, download it to your phone and email it to yourself and anyone who might need a copy! It does not get much easier than that.
If your phone applications are not enough, check out the great business apps from the Google Play Store that you can access from the cloud or your browser. Business applications have changed the face of the game, now is the time to be sure you have what it takes.